ANNOUNCEMENT BRUNEI DARUSSALAM GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS T0 FOREIGN STUDENTS TENABLE IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM FOR THE 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION With His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di—Pertuan of Brunei Darussalams consent, the Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2012/2013 academic session. Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the scholarship awards is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at Universiti Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali [UNISSA] and Institut Teknologi Brunei [ITB]. The academic year for UBD, UNISSA and ITB commences in July / August 2012.
[See Bangladesh Govt Notice]
Eligibility of the Applicants:
1. Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others and must be between the ages of 18 — 25 for undergradute programmes and not exceed 35 for postgraduate programmes at the commencement of the academic session for which they are applying for admission. Scholarship Benefits:
2.The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam for more than three months. See Details
TENURE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
1. The Scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a First Degree with Honours, one to two years for a Master's Degree, three years for a Doctoral Degree at
UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for Diploma of Health Sciences at UBD, all on fu|l—time basis.
2. The Scholarship award is subject to the scholar maintaining satisfactory conduct and satisfactory progress in the scholar`s studies (this requires the scholar to maintain an active registration status by passing the prescribed semester
examinations and obtaining the minimum course credit units).
3. The duration of the scholarship granted will NOT be extended in any case, and no changes of institution or programme is permitted.
- The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees determined by the university for the duration of the course.
- An economy class air—ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam from the scholar's country of origin prior to the commencement of the course. Upon completion of the course may apply for an economy class air- ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholar's country of origin. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
- Allowances payable will include:
i) Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00;
ii) Annual Book Allowance of BND600.00;
iii} Monthly food allowance of BND150,00;
iv) Baggage allowance maximum of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college. lf the scholar opts not to live in the accommodation provided, no additional allowance will be given in lieu of board and transport.
- Medical and dental treatment received at any Brunei Government hospitals are complimentary. An administrative charge will however be payable for every consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist. Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by themselves.
- The scholar is NOT eligible to claim any other facilities apart from those aforementioned under item